www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6589 3G Fix / multiple modem.img pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This is an SD Update. Copy to SD and SD Update from recovery, or copy and replace with ES Explorer or similar root explorer app. Make sure to give it the proper permissions! (see instructions and pic)

As of this post, this is the newest baseband for MTK6589. It should be compatible with all MTK6589 phones. It reportedly is the best update yet and fixes most all 3G issues. Had been meaning to get this up for awhile. Thanks to Mr. Clauri for the reminder.

Notes
  • Important: This is not working with some MTK6589 phones. Backup your current modem.img to SD before flashing this! (/system/etc/firmware/modem.img)
  • For MTK6589 only
Includes
  • v2 02 FEB 2013
  • v2 27 FEB 2013
  • v7 28 MAR 2013
  • v8 17 MAY 2013
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If you don't have CWM/TWRP (root required)
  • Install ES Explorer or use your favorite root browser
  • Enable root access (in ES Explorer > Menu > Root Explorer > Mount R/W > Select RW for '/' and '/system)
  • Copy modem.img to your SD
  • Navigate to /system/etc/firmware
  • Rename the original modem.img to modem.bak
  • Navigate to the new modem.img and copy
  • Navigate to /system/etc/firmware and paste
  • Make sure permissions show '-rw- r-- r--' (Directory list) or 'rw- r-- r--' (file properties)
  • Reboot
Thank you. I tried on NO.1 P7. I copied the file to internal sdcard and in /cache and /cache/recovery.
When I reboot into recovery mode, the internal sdcard is always EMPTY and applying the update from cache gives always error. Any ideas?
Copy to SD. Not internal storage. You will need a custom recovery as well (CWM TWRP)
I copied to external sd,then installed from sd and it gives me an error (installation aborted) am i doing something wrong?
You need cwm or twrp and root.
(2013-06-19, 13:31)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You need cwm or twrp and root.

My phone is rooted. How do i find out if it has cwm or twrp?
(2013-06-19, 23:50)hbcsavage Wrote: [ -> ]

If you don't know. It likely means you don't have it. CWM and TWRP are custom recoveries.

Which phone do you have? There may already be CWM floating around the board for your phone.

If not, you can build it with rey69 or yulypis tutorial.

With or without a custom recovery you should also be able to copy the modem.img inside the .rar directly to where it needs to be if you're rooted. I'll update the tutorial within the next 15 minutes.
(2013-06-19, 23:53)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19, 23:50)hbcsavage Wrote: [ -> ]

If you don't know. It likely means you don't have it. CWM and TWRP are custom recoveries.

Which phone do you have? There may already be CWM floating around the board for your phone.

With or without a custom recovery you should also be able to copy the modem.img inside the .rar directly to where it needs to be if you're rooted. I'll update the tutorial within the next 15 minutes.

Ok thank you i will wait for the tutorial.
(2013-06-20, 00:03)hbcsavage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19, 23:53)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19, 23:50)hbcsavage Wrote: [ -> ]My phone is rooted. How do i find out if it has cwm or twrp?

Done. Let me know if it's successful. I've used both methods and they should work fine.
(2013-06-20, 00:15)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-20, 00:03)hbcsavage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19, 23:53)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know. It likely means you don't have it. CWM and TWRP are custom recoveries.

Done. Let me know if it's successful. I've used both methods and they should work fine.

Ok so did everything in the tutorial and now i have no network. Permissions are correct. Should i have modem.bak and modem.img in firmware folder? Properties for New modem.img file is rw- r-- r-- and properties for modem.bak is rwx rwx rwx i dont know if that helps in figuring out anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10