www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Static Wifi MAC address fix for h7500+ / MX56 / Zopo zp810h / Zopo zp800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you're on a network that requires a fixed MAC address, this will solve the problem for you.

You must be rooted for this fix.

What to do:
  1. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], extract and copy to the SD on your phone
  2. Install a root file browser app such as ES File Explorer
  3. MAKE SURE root browsing privileges are enabled in the app. Some root file browsers will have it enabled by default, others such as ES File Explorer require you to go into settings and enable
  4. Navigate to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  5. Rename the file WIFI to WIFI.ori. NOTE: Also copy this to your SD. One person has reported losing the backups upon reboot.
  6. Rename WIFI_CUSTOM to WIFI_CUSTOM.ori. NOTE: Also copy this to your SD.
  7. Copy the previously downloaded and extracted files to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  8. Reset the phone
You're done. Your MAC address is now fixed. To go back to spoofy style, follow the procedure in reverse by renaming the WIFI and WIFI_CUSTOM to something else and renaming WIFI.ori and WIFI_CUSTOM.ori back to their original names.

Report back with your results! Cheers and hope it works out for you all.
Hey Gizbeat,

this also works with ZP950+?
(2013-04-24, 02:14)ChrisX Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Gizbeat,

this also works with ZP950+?

Yes, this will work with ZP950+ also. Just follow the tutorial and make the backups in case of any issue.
Ok thanks, this problem also comes with zp950+ ;)
yes, and the fix worked with my new zp950h

sanx@Gizbeat
Ok thanks,yes, and the fix worked with my HERO 7500+ !!!
SUPER !
Need to change the permissions like the original files?
(2013-06-02, 01:46)kostmatin Wrote: [ -> ]Need to change the permissions like the original files?

I haven't had an issue with not changing permissions, but it can't hurt to do it.
The download link appears to be dead, is anyone able to reupload it ?
Just tested it. The link is fine. Try again in a bit. Sometimes ge.tt gets overloaded.
Pages: 1 2 3 4