[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 5846 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 5843 Guest(s)

[-]
Latest Threads
User What is the effect of food intake o...
Last Post: fildena150as
2024-03-13 16:37
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Thanks, I've been looking for this for a...
Last Post: StevenRip
2024-02-25 05:00
» Views: 12
[SOLVED] Need ROM for ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:59
» Views: 61
NEED ROM ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:53
» Replies: 18
» Views: 13517
Budget phone choice help needed
Last Post: sabir7272
2024-02-10 06:52
» Replies: 4
» Views: 4180
ZH960-MB-V3.1 SOLVE
Last Post: Pranav1
2023-12-20 20:22
» Replies: 77
» Views: 33564
Need ROM for SONIM XP7S Android 5.1.1
Last Post: Alpa
2023-11-29 22:17
» Views: 64
Need rom for X101 Mt6592
Last Post: carencell
2023-11-24 21:30
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2032
Gizbeat 101: Get your MTK6589 MTK6577 MT...
Last Post: Alexia78
2023-11-13 11:28
» Replies: 8
» Views: 22259
ZH960-MB-V3.1
Last Post: Giankyworld81
2023-11-01 19:35
» Replies: 21
» Views: 15339
Need rom for a tablet with board id "K10...
Last Post: oliver2
2023-10-24 20:23
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4995
How to Connect open public wifi
Last Post: oliverben45
2023-10-24 16:03
» Replies: 11
» Views: 8787
I NEED FILE FOR ITEL MOBILE PHONE AND TO...
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1374
NEED Help Bricked my phone.
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:36
» Views: 4783
Introduction
Last Post: ezrahidaya
2023-10-14 14:38
» Views: 1288
Needs help to root a china tablet brand ...
2023-10-14 14:37
» Views: 160
Any tips to stay awake?
2023-10-14 14:35
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4858
Need ROM for china TAb MT6797
2023-10-14 14:34
» Views: 299
need this stock firmware for my tablet M...
Last Post: ramzii888
2023-10-14 02:20
» Views: 4439
Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android
Last Post: Aakriti
2023-10-13 16:51
» Views: 12373
betools
Last Post: egdeim
2023-09-21 12:41
» Views: 5016
[Movie Suggestion] Automata with Antonio...
Last Post: GottaGetX
2023-09-07 09:19
» Views: 4085
Suggest a movie thread
Last Post: GottaGetX
2023-09-07 09:17
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8775

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Teca mobility S5 octa core 4gb ram, 16gb
Hello, thought I'd comment because I bought one of these phones but I've had a few problems. The company was tecplus98 on ebay and the model I got was the TECA S5W for $285 (Australian).

The main issue is with connecting to the 3G network which it will only do for a few minutes and then drop out to normal G. You then have to switch to airplane mode and back then wait for to reregister with the network which can take a minute or two. Or switch to '3G only' mode which also takes a while to find the network, I could probably just leave it on 3G only if I stayed in a 3G area all the time - like in a city say, but I move around a lot out of town with work so need to have the 2G for calls. I've looked around but can't resolve this issue.

The other thing is the internal speaker is faulty and gives a crackling noise when anyone is speaking. It sounds a bit like you've turned the volume up to much on a stereo and blown one of the speakers.

Other than that the phone is a lot like a cheap, less reliable version of the Samsung S5 but with slightly different dimensions which means you can't get S5 cases to fit properly. It seems to run software fast enough and I haven't really had any issues with apps which you wouldn't get from a brand phone.

I don't know if it really has the 10GB of internal memory or not, but I threw in a Samsung 64GB memory card and was using that without any problems. I'm sending mine back for a replacement so hopefully this will come (there's supposed to be a 2 year warranty), if it does and the speaker and the 3G issues resolve themselves then I suppose I can't complain. Getting a cheap phone with good specs you sort of expect a bit of stuff around.
Hi I also have this phone: TECA G88 came in box "Happy Life"
Inside, under battery it says "Brand alps
model G88
CPU MT6592
AnTuTu 5.7.1 gives score of 32252
and agrees with above and adds RAM Total 3000mb
available 1939mb
system storage total 14GB
available 0.32GB

Cores 8 => 0 & 1 working , 2 => 7 sleep
freq 728.0 => 1664.0 MZ

Display Mali 450 MP 540 x 960
Density 240 dpi
It work well for me, and I have 32GB Samsung extra memory. I tried cheaper cards but they all failed after a month or two. I use native Gmail (good), and VLC & Firefox.
I broke screen dropping phone but good protector keeps it together & touch still works. :-)
You like this post
Oh no! I wish I found this thread before I ordered the phone. I am still waiting for it to turn up and I already feel like I have been robbed.

Please can you pm me how I can get evidence that the phone is not the advertised specs so that I can start the returns process as soon as it arrives.
(2014-09-03, 23:05)mirandam Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] which has a striking resemblance to my mpai 809t, but with some diferences, look at this image from the sellers page:
[Image: p1.15.jpg]
It says 2 x 6582 cpu, something which I have never seen before and this is even confirmed in the repeated specs on the same page of that phone....
two mounted quad core 1.3G cpu's running at 1.7GHZ?????????
Very confusing or maybe highly suspicious?

UPDATE:

Just did a little analizing on the above mentioned photo as I had my doubts about the text MT6582 x 2 being from the antutu's output or having been added to the picture.... well, here's the proof:

Clearly there's a difference in color of the text with respect to the 598 - 1700 text (which is from antutu) and the real noticeable difference of the letter M in both texts. To me it is without doubt that the MT6582 x 2 text has been pasted over the original antutu text.
So the provided images should not be trusted at all. This only makes sense when the seller tries to sell a 6582 phone as an eight-core phone, in this case using the mpai 809t 8-core version for the antutu images and as being aware of the illegality of faking the specs making it appear as though the phone has two 6582 cpu's while in reality you most probably get the mpai 809t in it's MT6582 quadcore version.

With all the so-called references to this company, and it's devices, the only links provided are from ebay!? Doesn't anyone have an actual web page from a professional review, or the manufacturer? They now have a tablet on ebay, the Teca LTE830, I fear I may be part of the "china learning curve"!
Isla Del Encanto-
(2015-04-06, 10:13)Jonmel Wrote: Hello, thought I'd comment because I bought one of these phones but I've had a few problems. The company was tecplus98 on ebay and the model I got was the TECA S5W for $285 (Australian).

The main issue is with connecting to the 3G network which it will only do for a few minutes and then drop out to normal G. You then have to switch to airplane mode and back then wait for to reregister with the network which can take a minute or two. Or switch to '3G only' mode which also takes a while to find the network, I could probably just leave it on 3G only if I stayed in a 3G area all the time - like in a city say, but I move around a lot out of town with work so need to have the 2G for calls. I've looked around but can't resolve this issue.

The other thing is the internal speaker is faulty and gives a crackling noise when anyone is speaking. It sounds a bit like you've turned the volume up to much on a stereo and blown one of the speakers.

Other than that the phone is a lot like a cheap, less reliable version of the Samsung S5 but with slightly different dimensions which means you can't get S5 cases to fit properly. It seems to run software fast enough and I haven't really had any issues with apps which you wouldn't get from a brand phone.

I don't know if it really has the 10GB of internal memory or not, but I threw in a Samsung 64GB memory card and was using that without any problems. I'm sending mine back for a replacement so hopefully this will come (there's supposed to be a 2 year warranty), if it does and the speaker and the 3G issues resolve themselves then I suppose I can't complain. Getting a cheap phone with good specs you sort of expect a bit of stuff around.

I too wish that I had seen this post, or even knew of it's existence, before I bought the teca lte830 coincidentally, the name of the seller is "Tplus99"
tablet Specs advertised are as follows

Network & Processing Unit:
Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop) Operating System (Upgradable for future Android Version)
CPU: 64-bit 2.0GHz Octa Core (8-Core) ARM Cortex Ultra Speed Processor
GPU (Graphic Processing Unit): Mali-T720 700MHz
4GB RAM DDR3 + 64GB ROM (user memory about 60GB)

Support up to 128GB Micro SDHC Memory Card
Support USB OTG
Built-in 3D Accelerator
4G-LTE (International FDD-LTE) 800/1800/2100/2600MHz
3G WCDMA (UMTS) HSDPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz
Quad-Band GSM GPRS EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Unlocked without contract (SIM Free) - work for any sim card and any Telephone Service Provider in all countries
Slim Case Design in 9.8mm

Display & Sensor:
8-inch HD Capacitive Multi-Touch OGS™ Screen (Full Lamination Technology), support Pinch-to-Zoom
16 Million Colours HD 1280 x 800
On-screen Qwerty Keyboard - full English Keypad & Multi-Language Input
Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor and Acceleration Sensor

Internet:
High Speed 4G LTE / 3G Internet Connection and data transmission through sim card
Download Speed: 4G LTE Cat.4 150Mbps or 3G HSDPA+ 42Mbps
Wi-Fi® Tethering & Portable Hotspot - Share your phone's mobile data connection as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
Built-in WiFi & WLAN 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz Ultra Speed

Android Internet Browser, access all websites in Mobile or Desk Top view, support Adobe Flash Player™, On-line Video & YouTube®
Support eBuddy Mobile Messenger™ including MSN™, Skype®, Yahoo Messenger™, Google Talk™ and other IM Softwares
Access Google Play Store™ & Android Apps Download (over one million Applications available)

Interactive Games, Animation, Rich Internet Applications, Data Presentations, and a wide range of Multimedia experiences
Support 4G / 3G Web Digital TV

GPS (Global Positioning System):
Built-in GPS Module & Antenna to receive Satellite Signal independently (GPS does not rely on 4G/3G or WiFi connection)

Apply Google Map™ to cover all Countries and Cities worldwide, support Voice Navigation
Support Multi-Languages and Human Voices

Camera & Video Recording:
Rear Camera: Fine 13.0 Mega Pixels (4,160 x 3,120 High Resolution) in Auto Focus with Power LED Flash (Auto / On / Off)

Using F2.2 Super Large Aperture, for Excellent Performance in Low Light environment
Panorama Shot, Voice Capture, Face Detection, Smile Shot, Face Beauty and Image Stabilizer (EIS)

Video Recorder: HD 1280 x 720, LED Light available
Auto ISO 100-1600
Front Camera: 5.0 Mega Pixels with Face Detection, Support Video Call
Caller Picture Display and GPS Location Info
8 Shooting Effect Modes, 5 Colour Effects, 13 Scene Modes & White Balance Option
Continuous Shooting, Night Mode Shooting, Self Timer and EV Setting

Multimedia & Video Player:
Android Media Player™ - support .wmv (Windows Media Video™) / .avi / .mp4 / .3gp or other file formats

UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Video Player
Share Photos / Videos directly on Facebook®, Flickr®, Twitter™, YouTube™
or Instergram™

Music Player:
Dolby Mobile MP3 Music Player
Support A2DP Bluetooth Headphone / Speaker
MP3 Music Shuffle Shake Control
Equalizer & Reverb Effect - Opera, Concert, Pop, Rock, Classical, Dance, Treble, Party
3D Surround Sound and Bass Enhancement
3.5mm stereo earphone plug and Built-in Speaker
Digital Voice Recorder

FM Radio:
Built-in FM Auto Scan Radio
30 Channels preset
Phone Call & Messaging:
Dolby Stereo MP3 Music Ringtones & Built-in Vibrator
Voice Dialer Apps support
Built-in Hands Free Speaker
Phone Call Voice Recorder
Google Voice™ - Free VoiceMail Service
WikiMobile®, Email, Support Push-mail
MMS Photo Message,
SMS Text Message & support WhatsApp®, LINE® or other messengers
3,000 Telephone Memory
Long Life Lithium Battery in 6800mAh
Support USB Charge

Other Features:
Support QuickOffice® - Microsoft Office™ compatible office suite to manage your Microsoft documents and PDF documents on/off line.
PDA Organizer - Calendar, Daily Task with scheduled alarm, NoteBook To Do List, Digital Voice Recorder
Android Synchronization
Bluetooth 4.0 (Support Wireless Keyboard) and USB Data Transfer
Android Games Download & support 3D Games
Android E-Book Reader®
Photo Editor,
Image Viewer,
Calendar,
Alarms,
World Time,
Calculator

Weight - 348g ; Dimension - 9.8(D) x 122(W) x 206(H) mm
2-Year Warranty & Guarantee

I will be contacting ebay and Paypal tomorrow (monday)
You like this post
Isla Del Encanto-
(2015-11-23, 09:13)mac01843 Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 10:13)Jonmel Wrote: Hello, thought I'd comment because I bought one of these phones but I've had a few problems. The company was tecplus98 on ebay and the model I got was the TECA S5W for $285 (Australian).

I too wish that I had seen this post, or even knew of it's existence, before I bought the teca lte830 coincidentally, the name of the seller is "Tplus99"
tablet Specs advertised are as follows

Network & Processing Unit:
Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop) Operating System (Upgradable for future Android Version)
CPU: 64-bit 2.0GHz Octa Core (8-Core) ARM Cortex Ultra Speed Processor
GPU (Graphic Processing Unit): Mali-T720 700MHz
4GB RAM DDR3 + 64GB ROM (user memory about 60GB)

Support up to 128GB Micro SDHC Memory Card
Support USB OTG
Built-in 3D Accelerator
4G-LTE (International FDD-LTE) 800/1800/2100/2600MHz
3G WCDMA (UMTS) HSDPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz
Quad-Band GSM GPRS EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Unlocked without contract (SIM Free) - work for any sim card and any Telephone Service Provider in all countries
Slim Case Design in 9.8mm

Display & Sensor:
8-inch HD Capacitive Multi-Touch OGS™ Screen (Full Lamination Technology), support Pinch-to-Zoom
16 Million Colours HD 1280 x 800
On-screen Qwerty Keyboard - full English Keypad & Multi-Language Input
Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor and Acceleration Sensor

Internet:
High Speed 4G LTE / 3G Internet Connection and data transmission through sim card
Download Speed: 4G LTE Cat.4 150Mbps or 3G HSDPA+ 42Mbps
Wi-Fi® Tethering & Portable Hotspot - Share your phone's mobile data connection as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
Built-in WiFi & WLAN 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz Ultra Speed

Android Internet Browser, access all websites in Mobile or Desk Top view, support Adobe Flash Player™, On-line Video & YouTube®
Support eBuddy Mobile Messenger™ including MSN™, Skype®, Yahoo Messenger™, Google Talk™ and other IM Softwares
Access Google Play Store™ & Android Apps Download (over one million Applications available)

Interactive Games, Animation, Rich Internet Applications, Data Presentations, and a wide range of Multimedia experiences
Support 4G / 3G Web Digital TV

GPS (Global Positioning System):
Built-in GPS Module & Antenna to receive Satellite Signal independently (GPS does not rely on 4G/3G or WiFi connection)

Apply Google Map™ to cover all Countries and Cities worldwide, support Voice Navigation
Support Multi-Languages and Human Voices

Camera & Video Recording:
Rear Camera: Fine 13.0 Mega Pixels (4,160 x 3,120 High Resolution) in Auto Focus with Power LED Flash (Auto / On / Off)

Using F2.2 Super Large Aperture, for Excellent Performance in Low Light environment
Panorama Shot, Voice Capture, Face Detection, Smile Shot, Face Beauty and Image Stabilizer (EIS)

Video Recorder: HD 1280 x 720, LED Light available
Auto ISO 100-1600
Front Camera: 5.0 Mega Pixels with Face Detection, Support Video Call
Caller Picture Display and GPS Location Info
8 Shooting Effect Modes, 5 Colour Effects, 13 Scene Modes & White Balance Option
Continuous Shooting, Night Mode Shooting, Self Timer and EV Setting

Multimedia & Video Player:
Android Media Player™ - support .wmv (Windows Media Video™) / .avi / .mp4 / .3gp or other file formats

UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Video Player
Share Photos / Videos directly on Facebook®, Flickr®, Twitter™, YouTube™
or Instergram™

Music Player:
Dolby Mobile MP3 Music Player
Support A2DP Bluetooth Headphone / Speaker
MP3 Music Shuffle Shake Control
Equalizer & Reverb Effect - Opera, Concert, Pop, Rock, Classical, Dance, Treble, Party
3D Surround Sound and Bass Enhancement
3.5mm stereo earphone plug and Built-in Speaker
Digital Voice Recorder

FM Radio:
Built-in FM Auto Scan Radio
30 Channels preset
Phone Call & Messaging:
Dolby Stereo MP3 Music Ringtones & Built-in Vibrator
Voice Dialer Apps support
Built-in Hands Free Speaker
Phone Call Voice Recorder
Google Voice™ - Free VoiceMail Service
WikiMobile®, Email, Support Push-mail
MMS Photo Message,
SMS Text Message & support WhatsApp®, LINE® or other messengers
3,000 Telephone Memory
Long Life Lithium Battery in 6800mAh
Support USB Charge

Other Features:
Support QuickOffice® - Microsoft Office™ compatible office suite to manage your Microsoft documents and PDF documents on/off line.
PDA Organizer - Calendar, Daily Task with scheduled alarm, NoteBook To Do List, Digital Voice Recorder
Android Synchronization
Bluetooth 4.0 (Support Wireless Keyboard) and USB Data Transfer
Android Games Download & support 3D Games
Android E-Book Reader®
Photo Editor,
Image Viewer,
Calendar,
Alarms,
World Time,
Calculator

Weight - 348g ; Dimension - 9.8(D) x 122(W) x 206(H) mm
2-Year Warranty & Guarantee

I will be contacting ebay and Paypal tomorrow (monday)

UPDATE:
Ebay assures me that if the phone / tablet is found to posses files that attempt to emulate hardware that does not exist, or that if it is falsely advertised in any way, a full refund, with shipping, will be given.

Paypal has also given me assurances to that affect.

If anyone has any information of any of the "Teca" electronic devices, (for instance, is this the same as Teca Mobility?), I'd like to learn more about them. I bought this because the specs are better than the latest Samsung 8" tablet (the S2), and the device is half the price! I know, I know; "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".
You like this post
Isla Del Encanto-
Well, the Teca LTE830 arrived today, and to my disappointment, the device advertised 4Gb RAM, however, there was only 327Mb available for use... this is before any wifi or apps had been installed. The internal memory was reported to be 64Gb, and it did report 59.96 (I figured Android and system files, so yeah, 59.96Gb works for me), but only 11gb is available for use. I immediately sent a letter to ebay, and to the seller, that I want to return this falsely advertised, and disappointing tablet. I hope they will side with me, as it was/is falsely advertised.

The tablet came with AnTuTu installed, and that said the very low score, cannot be verified, because the processor speed may have been falsified by the manufacturer. The score was 19,492; lower than the original htc One! How long ago was that, four years!?
You like this post
Isla Del Encanto-
(2015-12-17, 03:31)mac01843 Wrote: Well, the Teca LTE830 arrived today, and to my disappointment, the device advertised 4Gb RAM, however, there was only 327Mb available for use... this is before any wifi or apps had been installed. The internal memory was reported to be 64Gb, and it did report 59.96 (I figured Android and system files, so yeah, 59.96Gb works for me), but only 11gb is available for use. I immediately sent a letter to ebay, and to the seller, that I want to return this falsely advertised, and disappointing tablet. I hope they will side with me, as it was/is falsely advertised.

The tablet came with AnTuTu installed, and that said the very low score, cannot be verified, because the processor speed may have been falsified by the manufacturer. The score was 19,492; lower than the original htc One! How long ago was that, four years!?

Your specs more or less are: 512 MB RAM. 16 GB ROM, quad core cpu at 1.7Ghz
Given the 8" screen size this tablet sells at $50-$80 on aliexpress.
Installing Cpu-Z will likely give you the true cpu type.
GizBeat and deanlee121 like this post
Oh no. I'm currently waiting for the teca mobility 806S tablet and to make matters worse I got stuck with 2 of them because of a snafu with the eBay bidding process. I would like some help with just how to test this machine once it arrives so as to be able to do the testing in a timely manner. What I understand so far is I will need to root it which rooting process will work? Then install linex terminal emulator but need help with exactly what commands and where to look for real specs. Also to load and run CPU-Z.
Has anyone had any luck getting help from eBay or PayPal to get there money back also will they refund my shipping costs as shipping anything from here in Cambodia is expensive. Seems like eBay has been contacted before concerning this seller but I contacted them and they just played dumb like it was the first they have heard of any problems with the seller but since I haven't recieved them yet not much I or they can do. Thanks for being there guys just wish I would have checked first here first before buying.
I'm going to doing the unboxing and testing it and hopefully posting it on YouTube to try and stop others from getting ripped off by this guy. The worse part is my daughter is excited to get her new computer for her birthday breaks my heart and I just wish I could get my hands on the guy.
(2016-03-08, 09:14)kmailarry Wrote: Oh no. I'm currently waiting for the teca mobility 806S tablet and to make matters worse I got stuck with 2 of them because of a snafu with the eBay bidding process. I would like some help with just how to test this machine once it arrives so as to be able to do the testing in a timely manner. What I understand so far is I will need to root it which rooting process will work? Then install linex terminal emulator but need help with exactly what commands and where to look for real specs. Also to load and run CPU-Z.
Has anyone had any luck getting help from eBay or PayPal to get there money back also will they refund my shipping costs as shipping anything from here in Cambodia is expensive. Seems like eBay has been contacted before concerning this seller but I contacted them and they just played dumb like it was the first they have heard of any problems with the seller but since I haven't recieved them yet not much I or they can do. Thanks for being there guys just wish I would have checked first here first before buying.
I'm going to doing the unboxing and testing it and hopefully posting it on YouTube to try and stop others from getting ripped off by this guy. The worse part is my daughter is excited to get her new computer for her birthday breaks my heart and I just wish I could get my hands on the guy.

I was just about to snack down some ££ on a "UK STOCK: TECA 806S 4G 2.6GHz OCTA CORE 4GB-RAM 32GB 10.1" ANDROID 5.1" until I read all this..

Phew!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZH960 128gb / 6gb ram - Stock ROM/Firmware/DUMP Request PLease 0v3rkill87 1 3,513 2020-06-22, 12:57
Last Post: hectorcrk
  [ROM] 5'' Ultrathin Android 5.1 Quad-Core 2G+8G 4G/GSM WiFi Bluetooth Dual Smart phone userr2017 1 1,765 2018-05-26, 09:51
Last Post: userr2017
  [ROM] 4.4.2 mtk6735 1G ram rom 8G help please no back up and my phones in bootloop fryz 0 1,477 2017-09-01, 09:19
Last Post: fryz
  Need room MTK6580 Fonxa F960 - 9.6 inch - 4GB RAM - 64GB Flash DJMARK90 0 2,013 2017-07-22, 20:57
Last Post: DJMARK90
  [Question] teca t806s lucard 2 3,395 2017-03-12, 11:15
Last Post: HRig