My Star S5 had a weird wifi network inside the Wifi Analyser app with max strength.
The name of this network was "NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 00:00:00...".
After some searching on this forum I found this excellent solution from Gizbeat in this thread:
You are not allowed to view links. Register
From the thread:
(03-27-2013 05:20 AM)Gizbeat Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If you're on a network that requires a fixed MAC address, this will solve the problem for you.
You must be rooted for this fix.
What to do:
- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., extract and copy to the SD on your phone
- Install a root file browser app such as ES File Explorer
- MAKE SURE root browsing privileges are enabled in the app. Some root file browsers will have it enabled by default, others such as ES File Explorer require you to go into settings and enable
- Navigate to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
- Rename the file WIFI to WIFI.ori
- Rename WIFI_CUSTOM to WIFI_CUSTOM.ori
- Copy the previously downloaded and extracted files to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
- Reset the phone
You're done. Your MAC address is now fixed. To go back to spoofy style, follow the procedure in reverse by renaming the WIFI and WIFI_CUSTOM to something else and renaming WIFI.ori and WIFI_CUSTOM.ori back to their original names.
There is some difference, the folder name on the Star S5 is:
For me the copy to the /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/ did not work, I used the command line adb tool (Android SDK) to copy it.
If you need help with that just ask, I'll post a snippet how to do it command line.